_____________________________________
today, i am thankful for family. i LOVE family. i think it is the greatest institution on the face of the earth. wouldn't life be so tragic if we didn't have family? families support each other, teach each other how to be good people, make each other laugh, make each other cry, drive each other nuts, and love each other unconditionally.
i know that i'm blessed to have the family i have - in-laws included. sometimes i listen to dr. laura in the car and it really makes me grateful that my family isn't crazy and that we all get along.
i am also blessed to have my little family. words really can't express the feelings i have for my little family of three.
the thing i love most about families is that they are eternal. in primary this year, the kids learned a new song called "the family is of God" (you can click on that link to listen to it. i think it is way better when my primary kids sing it though). it is such a sweet song and testifies of one of the most basic principles of the gospel: that families are eternal and they come from God. and i get the chills and a little choked up every time we sing the chorus:
God gave us families
To help us become what He wants us to be.
This is how He shares His love,
for the family is of God.
so today, i am thankful for families. i am especially thankful for my family.
11 comments:
i am thankful for your family too! and my family! and that our families combine to make a big family! and there are a lot of unnecessary exclamation marks in this comment!
I love Thanksgiving too Mattie! Seriously, one of the best holidays. Nothing better than turkey, stuffing, yummy yummy home made rolls and a day where you dont have to go to stupid work and school and you get to spend it with your family. I use to always wear overalls on Thanksgiving. Too bad they are kind of "out of style" because they were so nice! No waist band!! Maybe I'll just wear sweats.....we are so blessed to have the Gospel and the priesthood so that our families can be eternal!
Mattie--I love that song! I am the pianist in primary, and I have cried the last couple weeks as the kids sing it. If only the whole world could follow the simple truths taught in that song...this world would be such a better place!
Mat-
I love your post and I love that song (when I subbed in primary and the kids sang it, i cried too.) and I love that video cause I watched it this morning and I love Thankgiving too! So awesome that we can be with our family to celebrate with no presents, or pressure.
And so awesome to be an eternal family and now we get to add Jonah to our little circle! (Scott too)
Can't wait to see your posts everyday! great idea!
I love your blog, I love that video, I love that song, I love thanksgiving, and most importantly I love you! I'm grateful that we got over the stage of when we would "claw" each other till we would bleed. I'm also grateful for the time when you, lauren, and bailey let me keep walking on the beach in Mexico. I learned an important lesson that day. And that is to never walk in front of my sisters because I will get lost without their loving help. I love you sis!
haha emma...i'm glad we got over that stage too. and i honestly don't remember you getting lost in mexico. i don't know why. but i'm sure glad we found you. love you too!
Mattie, I am thankful that you are in my family. I am also grateful we found Emma. That was a scary experience. Almost as scary as when Meg got lost in the elevator at the airport.
i think that was actually emma in the elevator. you've had some close calls, emma!
Yeah that was definitely me that got stuck in the elevator all by myself, at age three. I am forever traumatized from that.
Thanks to Mattie and her cool head we found Emma- I am running up and down stairs trying to find where the elevator is going next while Lauren is running in circles, crying and shaking her hands. Mattie says calmly, "Mom, I think she is still on this floor," pushes the button and VOILA! out comes Emma.
Brilliant!
hahahahaha! i really do pride myself in being cool under pressure. maybe that's why i don't remember emma getting lost in mexico, because i just didn't think it was that big of a deal...hahaha. maybe i need some more of your freak-out genes, mom.
Post a Comment