9.16.2009

once upon a time

once upon a time there was a boy.
he was so close, oh so close to finishing his bachelors degree.
he decided one day that instead of finishing in two semesters, he'd finish in one.
21 credits is what that meant.
and no job.

once upon a time there was a girl.
she was far, far away from finishing her bachelors degree.
but she wanted it oh so bad.
so she decided one day to take a couple online classes,
because it wouldn't be possible to commute to school while the aforementioned boy took 21 credits,
while she took care of a crazy one-year-old,
and also while she worked three nights a week as a server at the local chinese restaurant.

all these kids ever did was eat (hardly), sleep, drink, slave over demanding customers,
and in every free moment,
study.
in one word:  incredibly busy.



i can't wait for december.

8 comments:

kelzone said...

i miss you guys...please know if i was at home i would babysit whenever i wasn't in class--for FREE. i love you, good luck! see you in a few weeks

Unknown said...

You can do it!

Clark and Katie said...

mackers! I'll bet you guys are crazy! If you can make it through it alive....it will be worth it! You can do it though, you are amazing!

I wanted to put that picture of you and Kati with your hair all ratted and black eyes, but I couldn't find that one!

mattie said...

katie, i'm so glad you couldn't find it. that picture is hideous. hahaha. i'm laughing so hard just thinking about it. we were crazy.

brandon & lauren said...

I hear you. December needs to come faster. I am already exhausted and I have only been back in school for 2 and 1/2 weeks but I don't have a child so I bet you are a lot busier than me. You can bring Jonah down anytime. He can stay the weekend with me and Brandon. It will be a vaca for you and Scott most likely full of studying.

Coco said...

Once... there was this girl who didn't want to move away cause her fam was really cool and when she finally had to she hate ed every moment of it.

Haha if you sing those words to the tune of that one song that starts like that then it totally fits. I should become a song writer. That would be neat.

I miss you guys alot. And I can't wait to see you this weekend. It will be SWEET!

Love ya!

~Conradis~ said...

Oh Mattie and Scottie you poor things! I wish I could help! You can do it, the end will be here before you know it. You will look back and wonder how it is you got through it!

~Conradis~ said...

Oh yeah, we need to get together miss you guys!