6.30.2010

my bday

we celebrated my 23rd birthday.  on my birthday.  imagine that!  it was the best birthday so far.  scott took the day off work and surprised me with breakfast at ruth's diner, shopping in park city, a nap, a trip to the zoo, jonah painting a little dish for me at a pottery store, and dinner at my favorite pizza place, settebello, and then ice cream cake at home afterwards.  it was a good day. 

the next night, we went to dinner with scott's parents at my favorite mexican joint.

the next night, we had a party at my family's house with faux cafe rio salads.  a weekend of excellent food is a good birthday weekend for me!


jonah was terrified of that fake elephant that blows water and makes noises.  it looks like he's smiling, but he is in the middle of screaming, i think.

i feel like i have to make a speech about how life gets better every year, but that would be awkward since my birthday was over a month ago.  i'm mostly posting this because scott, jonah, and our families made it a really good day!

3 comments:

Sam and Kylee said...

Mattie! Finally you blog so I can comment. I'm glad you had such a good birthday! I love that Jonah painted pottery for you. That's a great idea. I can't believe how big and cute is!

p.s. I love Settebello too! I'm thinking girls night.

Cassie and Mason Green said...

Happy late b day matt! Glade you had such a good day. We need to get together again, to see your new pad, but mostly just to see you and Jonah!

Unknown said...

so funny! I just read this post and freaked out that I maybe forgot about your birthday...then I remember that I didn't...but I DID remember that I've had a birthday card for you since May!!! :)