so i've never been pregnant this long in my life. i know, i've only been pregnant twice, but i was not pregnant this long with jonah. i'll be 39 weeks on friday. if i had her at the same time i had jonah, she would be five days old. it's killing me and i'm not even past due. i don't think my "nesting" instinct kicked in with jonah because i wasn't pregnant long enough. i have definitely hit the nesting period though. here's what i've accomplished in the last five days while being ridiculously huge. contrary to my thinking, none of these activities have led to labor. it's killing me.
1. sewed two new pillows for my couch.
2. sewed a burp cloth experimentally. i just kind of made it up. it looks okay.
3. wrote exactly twenty-nine thank you notes. the fact that they've been mailed is just epic.
4. scrubbed every baseboard in my house.
5. scrubbed a lot of walls. this and the baseboards took me about three hours. no labor, what?!
6. washed some outside windows that were bothering me.
7. bought some new rugs and a console to hide the printer.
8. hung a picture.
9. i've done like 30 billion loads of laundry. every time i finish, i think, "this will be the last time i have to do laundry until after i have the baby." then this morning, my laundry basket was full again. i hate laundry.
10. cleaned the bathrooms cleaner than they've ever been cleaned before.
11. did my visiting teaching. earliest ever done.
now i'm just trying to think of things i've done to make my list more impressive. it's not that special, but i feel like i've accomplished a lot of things i needed to get done before the baby.
one thing i have NOT done is make dinner. i think the last time i cooked was in, oh, may? i feel bad for scott. i can't wait to have the motivation to cook a meal again. we're probably suffering from malnutrition over here (joking...i try to eat pretty well since i'm, you know, pregnant). lots of frozen lasagnas and what not. i think it will have cured us of frozen meals though, so that's nice.
my bag is packed, i'm ready to go, i'm dilated 4 cm (maybe even more since that check-up was a week ago), and she can come at any time (please!).
6 comments:
Wow! You really have done a lot! That's more than I do and I'm not even pregnant...! Every morning the first the I do is check my phone to see if you are at the hospital! I am SO excited!
*I meant to say the first thing I do is check my phone.
Good goin' Matt! Yeah I'm really surprised you haven't had her or passed out from all your cleaning fumes! Good luck and we can't wait to see her!!
You forgot to write your biggest accomplishment since being pregnant for so long…
WRITING ON YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!
Love coco
Mattie I keep checking your blog to see if you've had her yet! I'm pretty impressed with all you've done. You've motivated me!
nesting is fun, and it is funny what you think of that you just HAVE to get done! can't wait to meet her! she will come... she is safe in there and likes it... A LOT!!!
Post a Comment