one of my favorite things about kids is the funny things they say. jonah has been talking for a long time and some days, he never stops talking. sometimes i have to remind him that it's just time to not talk. time to be quiet for two minutes. he is starting to pick up some funny things and i want to remember them.
-we were driving down the freeway a few days before christmas and he said, "whoa! wook at dat big huge mountain!" it was pretty much his first full sentence and it even included a superlative and a couple adjectives. we all looked at each other and laughed.
-a few weeks ago, we were picking up lunch and the girl asked for my money. jonah piped in from the back seat of the car, "i need thirty dollars!"
-today i was in the kitchen prepping some stuff for dinner and it was pretty quiet out in the family room. i came in to check on him and i said, "what are you doing?" he replied very matter-of-factly, "making messes."
-yesterday, jonah was playing with a race track and his cars. he went through every single hot wheels car and brought it to me and said, "whoa! look at that red race car!" he was so excited about every single car even though he's had them for a while and plays with them everyday.
-his current favorite movie is ice age. there's a part where the dodo birds say "burn and die!" for some reason, he thinks it is hilarious and today he has been walking around the house chanting "burn and die!" i tell him it's not nice but he just laughs harder every time he says it.
-this morning, scott got him out of his crib and he had leaked out of his diaper (sorry...gross). scott said, "oh my gosh, jonah!" jonah mimicked him in a low voice, "oh my gosh, jonah!"
there are so many funny things he says and does everyday. he always makes us laugh and he reminds us constantly to be very careful of what we say because apparently, he is an excellent listener. i sure hope he keeps that up the rest of his life.
11 comments:
Oh my gosh! Those are all so funny! He is so darling Mattie!
Ummm... So I totally forgot your blig even existed! Thesr truly are great. I miss your face.
i love this. Thanks for sharing, i need a good laugh today
so cute....
He is so funny. My favorite thing he says is, what'd ya break?
I seriously love that not and his adorable personality! I can picture everything you wrote so vividly. Lets get together soon! Miss you guys! Now we are closer! Maybe I can meet your neighbors (smile & a wink)
So glad you are writing these things down. I wish I could remember all of the funny things my kids said.
Love that Jonah!
those are so funny thanks for sharing. I love that stage you get a good laugh each day.
That is hilarious!!!!!!
Best kid ever! I love him so much.
P.S. I found the perfect girl for Jonah. She is about a year and a half older...but totally adorable!
take a look at my blog.
Post a Comment