2.10.2010

this is embarrassing...

so something extremely embarrassing happened to me yesterday.

i had to write a mini-paper for one of my classes and my professor was really upset at how bad they all were...like 75 percent of the class had to re-write.

so she begins class by writing five excellent examples of BAD thesises (or thesii?) on the board, and you guessed it, mine was one of them.  it was anonymous, but oh man...was i ever discouraged.  after i got over the initial shock, i laughed as she slaughtered my thesis (and mostly because the other students laughed at it too when she did so...i didn't want to look like the culprit), and then i had to agree with her.  it was horrible.  then i left class and almost cried.

it was a bad day.

8 comments:

Coco said...

O mattie thats really sad. what a mean teacher. i still think your a great writer and all i read is your blog.

brandon & lauren said...

I am so sorry. I had a similar experience in English last semester. It is not a good feeling when you know you are that one they are talking about. At least there were 5 others who made the mistake and probably many more if that many people in your class had to rewrite it.

kelzone said...

oh mattie, what a lame teacher. that was like today when my french diction teacher handed back our tests and said something about the horrible grades. mine was a "d".

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. You are still wonderful regardless of what your prof thinks. On the bright side - did he/she analyze why it was bad? PS - we are sitting here in my class and it is really depressing right now so I got on blogs because they usually cheer me up. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I just bombed a biology quiz last week and probably slaughtered my chem test from Monday. I know what it's like to write horrible papers, but by taking what she has said at least you can write a paper that she will love. :) And if that doesn't help, frozen custard from Nielsen's always makes me feel better!

Brent and Tearsa said...

Mattie, that is the saddest story ever! I am so sorry and can feel your pain. Being your mother, I am very angry with your teacher. Do you want me to call her? :)

Mom and Kenz said...

Wow... that is brutal. I'm so sorry. I'm sure I'd feel the same way. I used to think professors knew everything, but not so much anymore. You are a great writer and this will be a great story to tell Jonah someday!

Tarisa said...

That is harsh...well you are a stronger woman than me, I probably would have cried...not almost!